Are you struggling with your search? Do you want to learn powerful job search hacks that will land you a new opportunity faster?
Here’s what I always tell my clients to keep in mind: the job search is not an easy process. If you’re lucky, it takes weeks or even days to find your next opportunity. But, it’s always good to keep in mind that the average job search takes about six months. That’s right, this means that you could spend up to six months without a stable source of income.
I’m here so that you can get back on your feet and into a new opportunity faster. Accelerate your job search by checking out my top three job search hacks:
1. Don’t let a rejection get you down. Most importantly, don’t let it define your worth. So, your job search may not end with you in the position you always thought it would. That’s okay! Think of this rejection as an opportunity for you to take some time to find out what you can improve about your message, personal brand, and interview skills so that you can find a better opportunity faster.
2. Be prepared. This is the most important of the job search strategies I could ever teach you. Research, research, research – your new opportunity won’t find itself! If you’re going into an informational interview, research the person before you meet with them. If you’re about to interview at an organization, find out everything you can about how you can personally contribute to their growth. If you want to make an industry change, it’s up to you to become fluent in new jargon and trends.
3. Network. If this is something that makes you uncomfortable, it’s time to step outside of your comfort zone! Networking through events, career fairs, conferences, and LinkedIn is the best way for you to find new opportunities that probably wouldn’t have shown up on online job boards. The more time you put into your job search, the more chance you’ll have to be picky when offers start coming in. It may take a little longer to find the right people to connect to, but it will be worth it when you land your dream job!
To learn more, tune into my Job Search Hack Q&A webinar where I covered the following topics:
- 2:00 – How to Master Your Glowing Introduction
- 11:30 – How to Start & End Your Job Search in 90 Days
- 14:00 – How to Ask for a Referral
- 15:00 – How to Reach Out to New Connections on LinkedIn
- 16:30 – How to Find Recruiters on LinkedIn
- 24:00 – How to Connect with Hiring Managers
- 27:00 – Top Job Search Strategies: How to Market and Promote Your Personal Brand
- 30:00 – Top Job Search Strategies: How to Leverage LinkedIn for Job Search and Networking
- 32:00 – How to Start a Job Search Campaign
- 36:25 – How to Have a Strong LinkedIn Summary
- 41:00 – How to Network Effectively
- 47:00 – How to Get Informational Interviews
What do you want to hear about during my next Q&A Session? Do you know any awesome job search hacks you’d like to share? Let me know in the comments section!