I always stress to my clients that in order to find their dream career, they must have a clear idea of what they want, the impact they want to make and a compelling message. To have this, they also need to have a game plan for how to get there. Discovering your passion is so important to living a meaningful life and leaving a powerful legacy!
What’s the best way to do this? Take the time to introspect, and ask yourself key questions.
I recently connected with business and life coach, author, and entrepreneur Melyssa Moniz, and am excited to share with you her latest offering: Live your Passion, a book that sheds light on the self-discovery process and how you can find out and live your dreams.
Melyssa is a graduate of the Ted Rogers School of Management, as well as an expert in the health and fitness industry. She started her business because she is passionate about helping others to create a business and lifestyle that they enjoy. Her enthusiasm and positivity is contagious!
I encourage all of you to purchase her book today. In it, she’ll ask powerful questions to help you investigate your dreams, desires, and personality. You’ll be able to walk away with a better understanding of where you should go from here. This is what you can expect to learn:
1) What Is Passion?
2) Who Do You Think You Are?
3) What Turns You On?
4) What’s In Your Rule Book?
5) What’s Love Got to Do With It?
6) What Is Your Personal Philosophy?
7) How Do You Spend Your Time?
8) Will You Live Your Passion?
[Tweet “”Live your passion. Do something amazing with your life.” – Melyssa Moniz”]
My top tips for discovering your passions:
1. Be honest with yourself. You’re not going to get anywhere if you aren’t able to sit down and ask yourself what it is you truly want out of life and what impact you want to make in this world. Forget trying to classify your dreams as ‘possible’ or ‘impossible’ – recognize them no matter how difficult they may be to achieve!
2. Identify your strengths. What do you naturally excel at? What is easy for you to do? What do people come to you for? Studies have shown that by leveraging your strengths to do great work, you feel happier and valued. By doing things you are awesome at, creativity is easier and your productivity increases.
3. Identify your interests. What are you curious about? What do you enjoy learning? What problems do you enjoy solving? By doing things you are interested in, you are likely to be more motivated to challenge the status quo and grow. As a result, you have more fun in doing what you love!
Believe in yourself and that you can find the career of your dreams. You have the talent, the skills, and the drive – you deserve the best!
Let me help you learn what your dream career looks like. Sign up for my Job Search Success Workshops today and I will take you on a journey to discover your strengths, passions, and what impact you want to make in this world.
[Tweet “”Get excited and make things happen!” – Diana YK Chan. www.mymarketability.com/events”]
[Tweet “”Find a job you love and you will never work a day in your life.””]