Have you ever wondered how you look through the eyes of a professional LinkedIn Recruiter? If you stand out from other candidates? What techniques you can use to differentiate yourself online? This is the right place for you! During my February Q&A Office Hour, I interviewed William Coleman, Certified LinkedIn Recruiter and one of Canada’s only Certified Social Sourcing Recruiters. He knows all about how to optimize a LinkedIn profile and the dos and don’ts of reaching out to Recruiters online. Take half an hour of your time today to learn about what it takes to create a LinkedIn profile that will help you get hired faster, my full interview with him can be found below!
William Coleman’s Background & Expertise
William started his recruiting career in 2009 and currently he is the Head of IT Recruitment at Granite Consulting. Prior to Granite Consulting, he worked in recruiting with notable clients such as Rogers, Five Mobile (now Zynga), B2B Bank, and most recently AirMiles (LoyaltyOne). William is one out of only a handful of recruiters in Canada who is a Certified Social Sourcing Recruiter and a Certified LinkedIn Expert Recruiter. He also has a Project Management Certification. William has 13,000+ connections, 1000+ Endorsements, and 20+ Recommendations on LinkedIn. He is active in the Technology community where he runs the Toronto Mobile Group with 300+ members. Connect with William on LinkedIn.
- What’s the difference between agency recruiters vs corporate recruiters?
- How can job seekers work with recruiters?
- I’m not getting a ton of responses to invitations to connect to recruiters at companies I’ve targeted, how can I connect with an organization I want to work at if I don’t have an “in” (connection)?
- As a Certified LinkedIn Recruiter, how do you go about finding the right candidate?
- Do agency recruiters work with new grads?
- What are the recruiting trends?
- What type of roles are in demand?
- Is there a way to follow-up on an online application?
- What advice do you have on how to deal with the salary question from Recruiters?
- What’s the biggest job search mistake that job seekers make?
- How do you go about sourcing top talent on LinkedIn? What keywords do you use to search? Provide an example.
- What are the common resume mistakes?
- As a recruiter, what catches your eye? What do you look for in a resume?
- If someone is a new grad, how do they break into the IT industry?
- How can one explain about their gap in their resume?
- Is it appropriate for job seekers to ask Recruiter for feedback if they get rejected?
- If one gets an offer, what can they negotiate? Does the Recruiter have the candidate’s best interest?
- What are your thoughts on getting IT or e-Commerce certificate programs?
- As someone who just recently started his career, at what point in their career should they start focusing on connecting with recruiters?
- What’s the best way to reach out to recruiters? What should they write?
- How can one make their LinkedIn profile stand out?
- What 3 key pieces of advice do you have for job seekers to get hired faster?
Want to learn more about how to optimize your profile to get found and hired? Check out my interview with Amy Cole, business mentor and coach who helps her clients improve their profiles to find new opportunities!